Tue, 18 Sept|
West Suffolk Council
Achieving well-designed places - training for Councillors and Officers (1)
Time & Location
18 Sept 2018, 14:00 – 18:00
West Suffolk Council, West Suffolk House, Western Way, Bury Saint Edmunds, IP33 3YU
About The Event
Suffolk Design - a joint initiative by all Suffolk’s local authorities delivered by a partnership of Design South East, Hemingway Design and Hudson Architects - is able to offer free member and officer training sessions to all local authorities in the county of Suffolk. These are the first events in a programme of professional development and networking events that Suffolk Design will be offering over the coming year.
- This 3hour training session will address the following :
- What do we mean by 'design' in the built environment.
- Understanding the relationship between design and planning.
- What the NPPF says about design.
- Common design issues in typical residential schemes such as lower density urban extensions, higher density town centre developments and new settlements.
- How members and officers can be more effective in securing high quality design, including presentations, discussions and interactive exercises.
Time and date:
Tuesday 24th July 2018
14:00 - 17:00
Ipswich Borough Council, Ipswich, IP1 2DE
These four initial training sessions are free of charge and open to all local authorities in Suffolk. These first four events are local-authority-only. Future events will be for people from all sectors and disciplines.
If you are an officer or elected member of Suffolk Councils please register online to confirm your place. Bookings will close at 17:00 on Thursday 19th July 2018. If you miss the booking deadline but would like to attend please contact us on 01634401166 or at the email address further below. Please note that the programme for each of these training sessions is exactly the same so you will only need to book for one of the dates advertised.
For any queries please email to email@example.com
For any queries please email firstname.lastname@example.org