Mon, 01 Oct|
Suffolk County Council
Achieving well-designed places - training for Councillors and Officers
Time & Location
01 Oct 2018, 09:00 – 12:30
Suffolk County Council, Britten Room, Endeavour House, 8 Russell Rd, Ipswich IP1 2BX, UK
About The Event
Suffolk Design - a joint initiative by all Suffolk’s local authorities delivered by a partnership of Design South East, Hemingway Design and Hudson Architects - is able to offer free member and officer training sessions to all local authoriities in the county of Suffolk. This session is the fifth and final event in the 'Design Basics' series which forms part of our programme of professional development and networking events that Suffolk Design will be offering over the coming year.
- This 3hour training session will address the following :
- What do we mean by 'design' in the built environment.
- Understanding the relationship between design and planning.
- What the NPPF says about design.
- Common design issues in typical residential schemes such as lower density urban extensions, higher density town centre developments and new settlements.
- How members and officers can be more effective in securing high quality design, including presentations, discussions and interactive exercises.
Time and date:
Monday 1st October 2018
09:00 - 12:30
Location: Suffolk County Council, Britten Room, Endeavour Hse, 8 Russell Rd, Ipswich, IP1 2BX.
This fifth and final training session is free of charge and open to all local authorities in Suffolk but availability is very limited. Future events will be for people from all sectors and disciplines.
If you are an officer or elected member of Suffolk Councils please register online to confirm your place. Bookings will close at 1pm on Tuesday 25th September 2018. If you miss the booking deadline but would like to attend please contact us on 01634401166 or at the email address further below.
For any queries please email to firstname.lastname@example.org
For any queries please email email@example.com